How To Get Rid Of Double Chin?
Can one attenuate or remove one's double chin?
You can not stand your double chin anymore! You become aware of it every time you look in the mirror, it gives you the impression of being overweight or older. No worries, there are some simple remedies to reduce or reduce your double chin. You can lose your chin fat with facial gymnastics and controlling your diet. And if it comes from your genes, you may need to use tips to hide your chin with makeup and other things to find your face oval. I'll tell you everything, but first and foremost, it's important to know the causes of double chin in order to focus your efforts in the right direction.
to read also [ Tips to refine the cheeks and lose weight of the face ]
What are the causes of double chin?
There are a multitude of reasons that cause a double chin. Try to find the one that concerns you from this list of possibilities.
Your genes are responsible for the places and how much fat your body can accumulate. They also affect the retention of water in your body. Fat and water retention can make you overweight. However, this does not mean that you can not get rid of a double chin. Some lifestyle changes can help you lose chin fat , but you may need more effort compared to those who have double chin for other reasons.
Your skin loses its elasticity with age . The muscles also weaken and there is a loss of muscle and tone . The chin is no exception. In fact, the chin is one of the places in your body that is easily affected by the loss of collagen and muscles . Natural remedies for tightening the skin can help you reduce chin fat when it is due to sagging skin. Chin exercises also play an important role in fat loss and volume. Poor nutrition and exposure to harmful UV rays can accelerate the aging process of the skin, you must also take care of your diet and protect your skin from sunlight and chemicals and other pollutants.
Being overweight increases the risk of contracting various diseases but also of having a double chin . When you lose weight, you also lose fat around the chin. It is therefore important to control your diet and do basic exercises for weight loss, but also some specific chin exercises to tighten the distended skin due to weight loss.
As you know, overweight is an obvious cause of double chin, but even if you are thin, you could be subject to double chin for a genetic cause or aging or loosening of the skin! So, how to get rid of chin fat? You have to do some chin exercises. Apart from that, manage your diet and exercise to lose weight so you lose some in the chin area too. Of course, there are some home remedies that help you tighten the chin skin, reduce the sagging of your chin.
Losing your double chin with exercises
Your neck is held by two main muscles. The sterno and platysmales muscles . These muscles are responsible for supporting your neck and chin. When you do gymnastics of the neck and the chin, you favor these muscles to tone themselves which in their turns make the skin of the chin more toned. Here are some exercises that help reduce double chin without surgery .
1. Pressure with the tongue head in the air
- Sit on a chair or bench. Keep your back straight
- Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling
- Keep your head up in this position
- Push your palate with your tongue. You must exercise some strength.
- Keep your tongue in the same position, and lower your head to touch your chin on your chest.
- Make sure the upper back does not bend.
By doing the step above, you should feel a contraction of your chin and the front of your neck.
- Relax your tongue and put your head back in the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for 5 to 10 times.
- Do two sets of this movement with breaks.
- Gradually increase up to 2 sets of 20 repetitions.
2. Pout exercise for chin fat loss
You can sit or stand, the important thing is to be in a comfortable position for you.
- Stick on your lower lip on your upper lip.
- Push it forward as far as you can.
- Hold the position for one second.
- Then lower your chin to touch your chest with your lower lip still in place. Do not bend your back.
- Hold for a second, then return to the initial position.
Do 2 sets of 5 to 10 times. Increase the number of repetitions to 20 gradually.
3. Chin lips closed
- Sit on a chair and keep your back straight.
- Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- Keep your lips closed. While keeping the lips closed, open your mouth, without taking off the lips.
- Hold the position for 10-12 seconds.
- Relax and put your head down.
Make 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
4. The ceiling breeze
- Stand straight. Keep your arms along the body.
- Tilt your head back to look at the ceiling.
- Crease your lips as if you were kissing the ceiling.
- Hold the position for 5-6 seconds.
- Relax and put your head down.
Make 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
5. Rotation of the head
- Sitting or standing, keep your back straight.
- Bend your head forward to touch your chest with your chin.
- Now start turning your head clockwise. Turn slowly and gently, making a full circle to your shoulder, back, then to the other shoulder and chest.
Some people may feel uncomfortable doing full rotations. If this is your case, make a semicircle, shoulder to shoulder, while keeping the head, forehead and chin down.
Repeat 5 times at the beginning and gradually increase to 10 rotations.
Then do the same steps in the opposite direction. Turn your head and chin counterclockwise.
6. The head pushes the hand that resists
- Sitting or standing, back straight.
- Take your right hand over your head to place your hand on your left ear.
- Now, bend your head toward your hand and place an opposite pressure with your palm resting on your left ear.
Hold for 8-10 seconds, then release and switch sides. Repeat this process 3-5 times.
7. Pressure on the teeth, open mouth
- Sitting or standing with your back straight.
- Keep your lips closed, act as if you were chewing on something. Do this for 5-8 seconds.
- Now, open your mouth as big as you can.
- Keep the tip of your tongue gently pressed against the back of your lower teeth.
Hold for 5 seconds and release. Repeat 2-3 times.
8. Pressure down
- Place the thumb of one of your hands under your jawbone where the bone curls toward the ear.
- Place the index finger of the same hand on the other side of the face, on the jaw where the bone curls towards the other ear.
- Now, push your neck and head forward while your hand is still holding your jaw.
Hold for 10-20 seconds. Repeat 4-5 times.
9. Pull the tongue to your double chin
- Standing or sitting, you are relaxed.
- Open the mouth. Make it as wide as possible.
- Pull out your tongue as much as you can. You must feel your neck and chin tightening while doing so.
- Hold the position while counting up to ten.
You Relax. Repeat 8-10 times.
10. Dangling head
- Lie on the bed with your head hanging out of bed.
- Lift your head slowly to bring it to your chest as far as you can. Do not bend your shoulders.
- Hold the position for 8-10 seconds.
- Return the head slowly to its original position.
- Repeat once more.
Get up and sit in a relaxed position for a few minutes because keeping your head in a vacuum can cause dizziness. After the relaxation, repeat the exercise twice more. If you feel nauseated doing this exercise, avoid doing it and move on to the next.
11. Strengthen Platysma
- Stand or sit relaxed with your face forward.
- Place your lower lip on your upper lip.
- Tilt your head back, your lip in the same position. You will feel a stretch along the sides of your jaw and on the front of your neck.
- Stay in extension until you can see the ceiling.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
Repeat 3-4 times.
This exercise is especially good against sagging chin due to aging, sometimes called " turkey neck ". It will tone the skin muscles and tighten and firm the area of your jaw and neck where the chin fat is lodged.
Home Remedies Mitigate a Chin Too Imposing
In addition to these exercises, which are a must, you can also try some home remedies for double chin . These remedies can reduce the sagging of the skin of the chin area due to aging or loss of elasticity.
1. Cocoa butter massage
Cocoa butter helps to moisturize your skin. A well hydrated skin is a sine qua non condition to keep skin young . In addition, cocoa butter antioxidants neutralize the effects of environmental pollutants that accelerate the aging process of the skin. The cocoa butter will help keep your skin hydrated, firm and tightened to help you get rid of double chin .
- Take some cocoa butter and apply it on the neck and chin.
- Gently massage the area for a few minutes.
- Leave all night or wash after about half an hour.
- Repeat daily.
2. Tightening mask with egg white
Egg white has the ability to tighten the skin. Its high protein content provides excellent nutrition for your skin and makes it more toned. Egg white is said to be a good source of collagen. Collagen is the protein that gives your skin suppleness and elasticity. The egg white promotes collagen production and helps reduce sagging chin as well as wrinkles.
- Apply a layer of egg white under your chin.
- Let dry completely.
- Wash in lukewarm water.
To do, every day or at least 3-4 times a week to tighten the skin around your neck and get rid of chin fat.
3. Vitamin E oil to reduce fat
Vitamin E oil is allied for a proven skin. It improves the elasticity of the skin. Therefore, if your double chin is due to sagging skin as well as aging, you may consider using vitamin E oil.
- Take some oil and gently massage your chin.
- Massage with upward movements, from the lower end of the neck and up towards your chin.
- Massage your neck and chin with vitamin E oil for a few minutes every day.
4. Green tea to reduce double chin
Green tea contains caffeine and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), both of which help reduce water retention which could be the cause of fat binding all over your body including the chin. Green tea also boosts metabolism so that you lose weight quickly. If you are afraid of the caffeine it contains, learn that a cup of green tea contains only 25 mg of caffeine as opposed to a cup of coffee that contains 100 to 150 mg!
- Drink 3-4 cups of green tea a day.
- Take a bag of green tea, soak it in water for a minute, draw out the excess water and place it on your double chin for about 10-15 minutes while lying down.
Lifestyle habits to mitigate double chin
You must change your lifestyle , not only to lose chin fat, but the overall fat of your body. Overweight and lack of exercise are the major causes of double chin. If you are not used to exercising every day, all the muscles in your body and tissues become weak, including those in the chin area. Here are some tips that can help you get going again.
Cardiovascular exercises and bodybuilding.
- Running, swimming, brisk walking, dancing, biking are all cardio exercises. Perform one of these disciplines daily for at least half an hour. If you can not every day, try at least 4 times a week.
- Take weight training classes. However, asking for help from an expert because doing bad movements could cause trouble to your body.
- Avoid foods containing saturated fats, and processed fatty acids, cholesterol and sugar.
- Eat lean meats like chicken and turkey.
- Reduce carbohydrates. Prefer complete seeds instead of refined flours.
- Eat foods with healthy fats such as oily fish, avocados, nuts, etc.
- Do not consume prepared dishes.
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid water retention.
to read also: 10 delicious recipes of fruity waters to detoxify the body